Delivers Online Courses and Career Assistance Through New Portal
Boston, Mass., Oct. 31, 2015
– Cengage Learning has expanded its partnership with SkillsUSA to offer SkillsUSA alumni access to a custom portal
that provides online courses, career training, and career transition assistance. The portal gives SkillsUSA alumni – students who have participated in trade, technical and skilled service education – access to these valuable online resources at a discount.
“We’ve been a supporter of SkillsUSA for years and launching this initiative will give us the opportunity to give students direct access to our great resources as they transition out of high school,” said Dawn Gerrain, senior vice president, Cengage Learning. “The launch of this portal takes our partnership with SkillsUSA to the next level.”
The custom SkillsUSA portal that Cengage Learning has developed has four main components, including:
- Online Courses: 350+ instructor-led soft skills and professional skills online courses covering healthcare, business, IT, leadership, teaching, accounting and project management.
- Career Training Programs: 100+ career training programs for pharmacy technician, medical transcription, project management, paralegal, six sigma, medical coding and billing, and A+ Certification.
- Career Assessment: an online survey tool that helps students discover their unique strengths and which careers will help them best leverage their skills.
- Career Transitions: an online tool to help job-seekers find employment. Individuals start by assessing their career interests and exploring career paths, and get assistance with resume and cover letter building, interview simulations and job search help.
“This generous offer from Cengage Learning presents an amazing opportunity for SkillsUSA alumni to have discounted access to online classes and career assessments and even assistance in finding employment,” said SkillsUSA Executive Director Tim Lawrence. “We have been so grateful for Cengage’s support in the past and thank them for this additional support for our alumni.”
SkillsUSA alumni can access the portal at: www.ed2go.com/skillsusa/
. All currently registered alumni receive a discount on courses purchased through the portal.
For more information on Cengage Learning’s workforce development solutions, please visit http://solutions.cengage.com/WorkforceDevelopment/
. To speak with a Cengage Learning spokesperson about this program, please contact Kristina Massari at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K-12, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides superior content, personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that accelerate student engagement and transform the learning experience. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub located in San Francisco, CA. Cengage Learning employees reside in nearly 40 different countries with company sales in more than 125 countries around the world. For more information, go to: www.cengage.com
SkillsUSA helps students follow their passions to their ultimate careers. As a partnership of students, instructors and industry working together, SkillsUSA works to ensure America has a skilled workforce. It helps every student excel. The nationwide career and technical education student organization annually serves more than 320,000 high school, college and postsecondary students — and their instructors — in technical, skilled, and service occupation instructional programs. Career and technical education is learning that works for America. Technical skills, honed through industry-designed and judged competitions and authentic assessments, complemented by employability and leadership skills training make SkillsUSA students career-ready, productive and promotable on the job. In this way, SkillsUSA is a vital answer to the nation’s growing “skills gap” that compromises our economic vitality and security. For more information, go to: www.SkillsUSA.org