SkillsUSA Week Overview
SkillsUSA Week is celebrated in February each year in SkillsUSA chapters nationwide. The event offers state associations, advisors and student members the opportunity to promote SkillsUSA programs and activities at the local and state levels while highlighting the importance of the skilled trades.
Chapters are asked to incorporate the following specific themes for each day of the week:
- Monday is Recognition Day, where members, advisors, administrators, partners and other supporters are recognized and honored.
- Tuesday is Give-Back Day, where students rally around their school community by focusing on ways to give back using their career-ready skills.
- Wednesday is Partner Day, where local business and industry leaders are invited to connect with members while highlighting the importance of career-ready skills found in the SkillsUSA Framework.
- Thursday is Advocacy Day, amplifying the skilled trades in communities through local public relations activities.
- Friday wraps up the week with the celebratory SkillsUSA Day, where students are asked to wear SkillsUSA clothing in their schools, post about SkillsUSA on social media and hold special recognition activities.
While SkillsUSA Week is celebrated in February, every week is SkillsUSA Week for our committed chapters.