How to Upload SkillsUSA Membership
How to Join Members
How to Join as a Professional Member and Access the Professional Member Benefits
- Membership Resources
- Join, Register or Login
- Start a Chapter
- Membership Kit
- College Campus Affiliation Plan
- Total Participation Plan (HS and MS)
- Customer Care
- State Directors
- Alumni and Friends Association
- Educational Resources Store
- SkillsUSA Branded Merchandise
- Scholarships and Grants
- SkillsUSA Video Gallery
To access SkillsUSA’s online registration system, you will be leaving SkillsUSA’s main site and entering the registration site. You MUST be an advisor or professional member to use this site.
Note: The SkillsUSA Membership Hotline can take care of all of your membership questions. Call toll free 844-875-4557.
If you are looking for contest score information, visit this link.
There are some great benefits of SkillsUSA membership.
What Do Students Get for Their Dues?
Dues-paying student members of SkillsUSA automatically receive the following benefits:
Access to career resources and contact with industry
Opportunities to compete in the SkillsUSA Championships at the local, state or national levels
Opportunities for scholarships, awards and honors
Job contacts and networking opportunities
A chance to learn and practice professional and leadership skills
Recognition from peers, teachers and leaders within the community
Scholarship and Award Opportunities
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million annually in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Many are tied to the national SkillsUSA Championships. Each state offers its own awards and scholarships through their state conference. You can also visit our scholarships page for additional opportunities.
Why is it important to register yourself as a professional member of SkillsUSA? Becoming a professional member of SkillsUSA is one of the best ways you can demonstrate to your students the importance of the organization and the opportunities that membership will provide. As a professional member, you will receive online access to the following:
- Framework Integration Toolkit: The Framework Integration Toolkit has everything you need to ensure career readiness for students including videos, lesson plans, experiential activities and more.
- Program of Work Toolkit: The Program of Work Toolkit includes the Program of Work Launch Activity Guides, videos and resources to help you implement effective activities.
- Jump into Stem: A chapter curriculum for members to mentor and engage elementary & middle school students in STEM learning while creating an opportunity for future recruitment.
- SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards: The official rules and regulations for each of the competitions that are part of the championships. Available in early October!
- E-Courses: Contains SkillsUSA Framework Certification, CTE Knowledge Certification, Promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as a SkillsUSA Leader and Building Self-Motivation in Student Leaders.
- Advisor Professional Development: A variety of training opportunities, from webinars to classroom to multi-day sessions, there are a lot of options for differing training needs.
SkillsUSA professional members, as a free member benefit, receive the aforementioned items when they have submitted a current and accurate email address along with their membership details. The latest SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards is available online to professional members as part of their paid membership. Once membership has been submitted, an email will be sent to the address on file with a link to access the Technical Standards and other professional benefits.
- As a special membership incentive, register at least 15 student members in your training program plus one or more professionals by Nov. 15, and you will receive a free educational resource item: Member Handbook (value: $6).
- SkillsUSA national dues for student members are $8 plus state dues, which vary. For instructors, national dues are $20 plus state dues, which vary. Student members must meet both the state and national deadline to be eligible for national competition, serve as voting delegates or national officer candidates. The national membership deadline is March 1, but many state deadlines fall earlier. The complete listing of state dues and deadlines are available here.
- To enjoy full membership services, names submitted by Nov. 15 receive all membership services for the current school year, including free teacher items when applicable. Membership runs from Aug. 1 to July 31 each year.
Scholarship Opportunities for Students
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Review the scholarships page for more information.
Professional Membership Cards
Professional members can print their own membership cards as soon as they join, right from the membership registration website. This feature provides each member with a quality, printable card. Each school/organization has the option to print individual cards on one page or print multiple professional cards to a single page using the batch print option. A log-on to the membership registration site is required.
To print your card(s), simply log-on at: www.skillsusa-register.org > Membership tab> select Print Professional Cards-Single Print, locate the page your name is on and print just that page or select Print Professional Cards-Batch Print, to print multiple cards to one page. We recommend you print on white card stock for a quality image, and you can laminate the cards if desired. Once joined, your SkillsUSA professional membership and benefits are accessible through the end of July of the current school year.
SkillsUSA’s membership report is issued mid-July. The report is broken down by state and also has separate reports for high-school, college/postsecondary and middle-school members.
Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about submitting SkillsUSA membership dues:
All SkillsUSA members, including professional members, must pay membership dues.
See the list of state deadlines, fees and contact information. Your state advisor can also provide information on all upcoming state leadership and skill events.
Membership must be submitted by March 1 for students to be eligible for national competition, run for national office or serve as a voting delegate. Competing at the state level is a prerequisite for national competition, so you must also meet your state deadline.
SkillsUSA will continue to accept membership after the March 1 national deadline. The March 1 national deadline must be met by students who are competing or running for office at the national level.
If you use a purchase order for membership dues, the SkillsUSA online registration system will automatically populate the invoice which is then available for immediate printing.
- Credit Card
- Purchase Order – Purchase order number required at time of purchase
- Electronic Bank Transfers
Substitution of student memberships is not allowed. You may not drop one student from the membership roster and replace that student with another.
Dues cannot be refunded or transferred.
Create multiple training programs for each career and technical education program in your school. A training program consists of all students taught by a single instructor in one occupational area or program within your school. Together, these training programs make up the school chapter.
Yes, to add additional students to your training program simply return to the online membership site and register your additional members. An invoice will be generated each time members are joined.
SkillsUSA competitions begin at the local level and progress to the state and national levels. Students may compete at the state level if they are registered SkillsUSA members enrolled in an approved training program and who meet all contest requirements. Students must be paid members, state first-place winners and approved by their state association director to compete at the national level.
All advisors and school administrators should join as professional members in order to receive access to the online professional member resources, benefits and organizational notifications.
The term 100 percent membership means that all students enrolled in your training program are national- and state-dues-paying members of SkillsUSA.
SkillsUSA publications cover programs, competition regulations, national conference and other activities. Your state office can provide information on state activities and upon request, assign an experienced advisor as your mentor for the first year. Phone numbers for all state offices are listed here.
The SkillsUSA Membership Kit will assist you in establishing, managing and growing your chapter – Online Membership Kit.
SkillsUSA Educational Resources products are available to assist you in ensuring that students get the most out of their SkillsUSA experience. For posters, classroom activities, contest coaching guides and more, go to: www.skillsusa.org/store/.
One of the best resources for you is your state association director. You can contact the state office and be put on the mailing list to learn about state activities such as Fall Leadership Conferences or State Championships. State Office.
Reach out to the membership line at 844-875-4557 or email email@example.com for assistance in establishing your chapter.
Call the membership line at 844-875-4557. You may send questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEMBERSHIP DUES: Mail a copy of your invoice and membership dues to:
14001 SkillsUSA Way
Leesburg, VA 20176
LOCAL and STATE EVENT PAYMENTS – Mail a copy of your invoice and payment to your State Office.