Support the Trades in Fashion Through New Campaign
SkillsUSA has teamed up with Tractor Supply Company (TSC) and Carhartt for the new “Support the Trades” campaign, designed to raise awareness of the skilled trades while helping SkillsUSA close the skilled trades gap. As part of the campaign, Carhartt and TSC have created a new line of “Support the Trades” shirts, and proceeds from every shirt sold will be donated directly to SkillsUSA! Show your pride for the skilled trades you proudly represent every day while supporting SkillsUSA and the “Champions at Work” that keep our nation moving. “Support the Trades” shirts are available exclusively at TSC starting Aug. 23. To get yours, visit your local TSC store or order online at www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/cms/carhartt.
Fast Facts About the Skilled Trades Gap:
- 3 million trade jobs remain vacant in the US.
- Demand for construction workers is projected to rise by 1.2-2 million jobs by 2023.
- Finding qualified candidates is the top hurdle hiring managers expect to face in 2021.
- Nearly 25% of the manufacturing workforce is 55 or older.
- In-demand skilled trades positions can lead to great-paying, highly fulfilling careers, often with little or no college debt.