The official SkillsUSA Championships scorecards are no longer part of the book and electronic copies of the technical standards manual.
The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2020-21 school year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, Empowered to Succeed
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the 2021 SkillsUSA Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board competitions is our theme, “SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, Empowered to Succeed.”
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- What does “Empowered to Succeed” mean to you in relation to your career readiness?
- How has participating in the SkillsUSA Program of Work empowered you to succeed?
- How does the SkillsUSA Framework empower you to succeed?
- How are you empowered with the personal skills needed for career success
- How are you empowered with the workplace skills needed for career success?
- How are you empowered with the technical skills needed for career success?
- In what specific ways has SkillsUSA empowered you to be successful in life?
- What activities or learning within your career and technical education program have empowered you to succeed?
All competitors must create a one-page hard copy résumé and submit this to the technical committee chair at the contest orientation. Failure to do so will result in a 10 point penalty. Competitors can bring a résumé to the contest on the day of competition however, the penalty will remain in effect.
There has been discussion and approval for Barbering, Esthetics and Nail Care and Cosmetology to allow the white polo and black pants. The PDF below should clarify any concerns.
Telephone Number Change for Clothing within all Technical Standards 12/9/19
E-Group, the SkillsUSA service provider for both competition clothing and official dress, has had a telephone number change. We are changing the number in the Technical Standards and they will be updated and reposted. In the interim if you have a clothing question the new number is 1-888-501-2183.
Skilled and Technical
The 2021 Esthetics Competition theme is “Carnival.”