Benefits of SkillsUSA Membership
There are some great benefits of SkillsUSA membership.
What Do Students Get for Their Dues?
Dues-paying student members of SkillsUSA automatically receive the following benefits:
Access to career resources and contact with industry
Opportunities to compete in the SkillsUSA Championships at the local, state or national levels
Opportunities for scholarships, awards and honors
Job contacts and networking opportunities
A chance to learn and practice professional and leadership skills
Recognition from peers, teachers and leaders within the community
Scholarship and Award Opportunities
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million annually in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Many are tied to the national SkillsUSA Championships. Each state offers its own awards and scholarships through their state conference. You can also visit our scholarships page for additional opportunities.
Why is it important to register yourself as a professional member of SkillsUSA? Becoming a professional member of SkillsUSA is one of the best ways you can demonstrate to your students the importance of the organization and the opportunities that membership will provide. As a professional member, you will receive online access to the following:
- Framework Integration Toolkit
- Program of Work Toolkit
- Jump Into STEM!
- SkillsUSA Championships Toolkit – includes the Technical Standards (Competition Guidelines)
SkillsUSA professional members, as a free member benefit, receive the aforementioned items when they have submitted a current and accurate email address along with their membership details. The latest SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards is available online to professional members as part of their paid membership. Once membership has been submitted, an email will be sent to the address on file which will include a pin number to access the items electronically.
- As a special membership incentive, register at least 15 student members in your training program plus one or more professionals by Nov. 15, and you will receive a free educational resource item, Impact: Experiential Activities that Launch Productive Teams (value $9.95).
- Instructors who register with 100-percent membership plus one or more professionals will also receive a SkillsUSA Program of Work calendar (value: $5.95).
- SkillsUSA national dues for student members are $8 plus state dues, which vary. For instructors, national dues are $20 plus state dues, which vary. Student members must meet both the state and national deadline to be eligible for national competition, serve as voting delegates or national officer candidates. The national membership deadline is March 1, but many state deadlines fall earlier. The complete listing of state dues and deadlines are available here.
- To enjoy full membership services, names submitted by Nov. 15 receive all membership services for the current school year, including free teacher items when applicable. Student membership runs from Aug. 1 to July 31 each year.
Scholarship Opportunities for Students
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Review the scholarships pagefor more information.
Professional Membership Cards
All SkillsUSA Professional members are mailed their Membership Cards and a renewal letter separately each fall. Watch your mail for this wallet card, and call our membership office at 800-355-8422 if you do not receive it.