Benefits of SkillsUSA Membership
There are some great benefits of SkillsUSA membership.
What Do Students Get for Their Dues?
Dues-paying student members of SkillsUSA automatically receive the following benefits:
Access to career resources and contact with industry
Opportunities to compete in the SkillsUSA Championships at the local, state or national levels
Opportunities for scholarships, awards and honors
Job contacts and networking opportunities
A chance to learn and practice professional and leadership skills
Recognition from peers, teachers and leaders within the community
Scholarship and Award Opportunities
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million annually in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Many are tied to the national SkillsUSA Championships. Each state offers its own awards and scholarships through their state conference. You can also visit our scholarships page for additional opportunities.
Why is it important to register yourself as a professional member of SkillsUSA? Becoming a professional member of SkillsUSA is one of the best ways you can demonstrate to your students the importance of the organization and the opportunities that membership will provide. As a professional member, you will receive online access to the following:
- Framework Integration Toolkit: The Framework Integration Toolkit has everything you need to ensure career readiness for students including videos, lesson plans, experiential activities and more.
- Program of Work Toolkit: The Program of Work Toolkit includes the Program of Work Launch Activity Guides, videos and resources to help you implement effective activities.
- Jump into Stem: A chapter curriculum for members to mentor and engage elementary & middle school students in STEM learning while creating an opportunity for future recruitment.
- SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards: The official rules and regulations for each of the competitions that are part of the championships. Available in early October!
- E-Courses: Contains SkillsUSA Framework Certification, CTE Knowledge Certification, Promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as a SkillsUSA Leader and Building Self-Motivation in Student Leaders.
- Advisor Professional Development: A variety of training opportunities, from webinars to classroom to multi-day sessions, there are a lot of options for differing training needs.
SkillsUSA professional members, as a free member benefit, receive the aforementioned items when they have submitted a current and accurate email address along with their membership details. The latest SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards is available online to professional members as part of their paid membership. Once membership has been submitted, an email will be sent to the address on file with a link to access the Technical Standards and other professional benefits.
- As a special membership incentive, register at least 15 student members in your training program plus one or more professionals by Nov. 15, and you will receive a free educational resource item: Member Handbook (value: $6).
- SkillsUSA national dues for student members are $8 plus state dues, which vary. For instructors, national dues are $20 plus state dues, which vary. Student members must meet both the state and national deadline to be eligible for national competition, serve as voting delegates or national officer candidates. The national membership deadline is March 1, but many state deadlines fall earlier. The complete listing of state dues and deadlines are available here.
- To enjoy full membership services, names submitted by Nov. 15 receive all membership services for the current school year, including free teacher items when applicable. Membership runs from Aug. 1 to July 31 each year.
Scholarship Opportunities for Students
SkillsUSA members have opportunities for more than $1 million in scholarships, contests, awards and honors. Review the scholarships page for more information.
Professional Membership Cards
Professional members can print their own membership cards as soon as they join, right from the membership registration website. This feature provides each member with a quality, printable card. Each school/organization has the option to print individual cards on one page or print multiple professional cards to a single page using the batch print option. A log-on to the membership registration site is required.
To print your card(s), simply log-on at: www.skillsusa-register.org > Membership tab> select Print Professional Cards-Single Print, locate the page your name is on and print just that page or select Print Professional Cards-Batch Print, to print multiple cards to one page. We recommend you print on white card stock for a quality image, and you can laminate the cards if desired. Once joined, your SkillsUSA professional membership and benefits are accessible through the end of July of the current school year.