Washington Leadership Training Institute (WLTI)
Sept. 23-27, 2017
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road
Alexandria, VA 22311
WLTI: Leader • Citizen • Employee
Aug. 1 – Registration opens
Aug. 30 – Registration closes; hotel room reservation deadline
Conference registration is $450 per person.
Hotel rates are: $135 per room single/double, $145 triple and $155 quad plus applicable state and occupancy taxes (currently 14.5 percent, and an occupancy tax of $1).
SkillsUSA offers advanced training for students and advisors that focuses on professionalism, communication and leadership skills. This training is held in Washington, D.C., and allows members the opportunity to share their SkillsUSA and career and technical experiences with elected officials.
WLTI activities will include:
- Congressional visits
- Guided tours
- Touring the Smithsonian Institution and Washington area monuments
- Laying of a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns, Arlington, Va.
- Pentagon Memorial Ceremony
- Opportunity to earn National Statesman award
- Tour of National Leadership Center