The SkillsUSA Framework Supports a Balanced Program
The SkillsUSA Framework illustrates how students fulfill the mission of the organization “to empower members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens.”
What it does
- Provides a common language for students to articulate what they gain from SkillsUSA participation to employers, school administrators, parents and other students
- Assesses student skill development along a learning continuum of awareness, demonstration and mastery
- Creates a vision for SkillsUSA programs at the local, state and national levels to ensure quality student-led experiences that build skills in all members
Why it works
- Empowers every student to achieve career success
- Delivers a skill set demanded by business and industry but lacking in many employees today
- Ensures that every student member receives a consistent and specific skill set
Download SkillsUSA Framework art for your classroom.
SkillsUSA Framework Essential Element Self-Evaluation
Have each member complete the Essential Element self-evaluation to rate themselves in each of the Essential Elements. This assessment will assist your chapter members in identifying their strengths and weaknesses allowing your chapter to create and plan the Program of Work with intentionality.
Take the Assessment
Click here to take the self-assessment. When completing the assessment include your Chapter ID number which can be found by clicking here. Assessment results will be emailed to the participant and advisor email address provided.
Advisors are able to receive an aggregated report of all chapter members for use in planning their chapter’s Program of Work and/or framework skill building lessons. To receive your chapter’s report, please contact SkillsUSA’s Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.