Updated TikTok Champions Challenge!
SkillsUSA has released TWO new songs this year. The first is a re-recording of SkillsUSA’s Official Song, “SkillsUSA: Champions at Work.” The second is the theme song for the 2021-22 school year, “SkillsUSA: United as One.” (Think of the “Official Song” as SkillsUSA’s enduring “jingle,” while we’ll release a new “Theme Song” each year to go along with that year’s theme.)
We’re looking for your help in sharing the new songs (either one or both) by competing in our “SkillsUSA Champions Challenge” on TikTok!
- Create a video on TikTok that incorporates the SkillsUSA song of your choosing (or both, if you want to be really creative).
- Video can be 15 to 60 seconds in length.
- Video can be students lip syncing, dancing, talking or a combination of efforts. As long as one of the songs is the soundtrack, it’s up to you.
- Video can be of one person or a group, using the duet or stitch features, etc.
- No profanity or inappropriate language, clothing or gestures.
- Challenge begins June 7 and continues through August 7.
- SkillsUSA will announce the top two winners and contact the top 10 by August 15, 2021.
- Top winner will receive a SkillsUSA Swag Bag worth $100 PLUS a $100 Amazon gift card.
- Second-place winner will receive a SkillsUSA Swag Bag worth $50.
- Top 10 finishers will receive a gift pack of the SkillsUSA Official Song Keychain and logo item.
- To be eligible for prizes, upload your video to SkillsUSA in addition to posting it on TikTok.
How to Enter
- Create and post your video on TikTok and tag it using the hashtag #SkillsUSAChampionsChallenge.
- Upload your video using our upload form.
Videos will be judged by SkillsUSA on the following criteria:
- Video effectively highlights SkillsUSA and one or both of the new SkillsUSA songs.
- Video is creative.
- Video utilizes TikTok tools such as duets, stitching, typography, transitions or special effects.
- Video shows people having fun with SkillsUSA.
- Video follows the stated guidelines.
Note: All videos entered into the SkillsUSA Champions Challenge — whether declared winners or not — may be used in whole or in part by SkillsUSA now or in the future, with no compensation to the creator(s).
For questions, please contact Hayley Uffelman, SkillsUSA’s social media manager. Good luck, and we can’t wait to see what you submit!