Now that you have officially established your SkillsUSA chapter, you can begin to register yourself and your students at: www.skillsusa-register.org.
Why is it important to register yourself as a professional member of SkillsUSA? It’s one of the best ways you can demonstrate to your students the importance of the organization and the opportunities that membership will provide.
As a professional member, you will receive online access to the following:
- 2018 SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards
- Jump into STEM!curriculum
- SkillsUSA Career Essentials: Foundations
SkillsUSA professional members, as a free member benefit, receive the aforementioned items when they have submitted a current and accurate email address along with their membership details. The 2018 SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards is available online to professional members as part of their paid membership. Once membership has been submitted, an email will be sent to the address on file that will include a PIN to access the items electronically.
- As a special membership incentive, register at least 15 student members in your training program plus one or more professionals by Nov. 15, and you will receive a free educational resource item, Impact: Experiential Activities that Launch Productive Teams (value $9.95).
- Instructors who register with 100-percent membership plus one or more professionals will also receive a SkillsUSA Program of Work calendar (value $5.95).
- SkillsUSA national dues for student members are $8 plus state dues, which vary. For instructors, national dues are $20 plus state dues, which vary. Student members must meet both the state and national deadline to be eligible for national competition, serve as voting delegates or national officer candidates. The national membership deadline is March 1, but many state deadlines fall earlier. The complete listing of state dues and deadlines are available here.
- To enjoy full membership services, submit names by Nov. 15 to receive all membership services for the current school year, includingfree teacher items when applicable. Student membership runs from Sept. 1 to Aug. 31 each year.
- Your Membership Kit contains 24 membership cards for students. For more cards, call 844-875-4557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the SkillsUSA Membership Hotline if you need help in starting a new chapter, engaging chapter members, or discovering strategies to strengthen an existing chapter. If you have questions or need assistance with online membership registration, the hotline operators can take care of that, too. Call toll free: 844-875-4557.