Congratulations! You’ve made the decision to become a SkillsUSA advisor. You are starting on a journey that is bound to offer many rewards for you and your students. There are a few basic steps to follow when starting a new chapter
Checklist for New Chapters
Here are the basic steps to follow to start a new chapter:
- Connect with our Customer Care Team so that they can assist in getting your new chapter started. Reach out toll free at 844-875-4557 or email@example.com. Team members will be able to send you a New Chapter Kit and ensure that all of your questions are answered.
- Meet with your school administrator to request permission to start a new program and to gain support for the SkillsUSA chapter
- Contact your state office and request to be placed on the state mailing list. Find out about any upcoming activities or deadlines. If you are starting a new chapter, complete an application for charter.
- Identify one or more possible SkillsUSA leaders (technical instructors, a career counselor or another interested person within the school) to help with the new chapter.
- Gain support from other faculty members if you plan to involve students from other training programs.
- Explain SkillsUSA to the Industry Advisory Council that supports your program, and ask for its support and involvement as the chapter develops by serving as guest speakers, contest judges, etc.
Customer Care : 844-875-4557