The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, in partnership with SkillsUSA, is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship opportunity for SkillsUSA members who have competed and placed first in their state association competition.
The scholarship is to provide support for SkillsUSA state contest winners who have insufficient personal, chapter, school or community resources to participate at the 2019 National SkillsUSA Championships. Scholarships will be awarded, based on need, to offset the costs of travel and participation in the National SkillsUSA Championships.
The award is based on a student-written, one-page narrative describing the student’s financial need for the scholarship including the lack of school or community resources. Preference will be given to applicants from program areas of manufacturing and industrial applications, construction, technical computer applications, firefighting, electronics and transportation.
The student may be nominated with a letter of recommendation written by their advisor, or state director. Applications must be submitted via the online form to the national office of SkillsUSA for review and determination by midnight EDT May 15. Recipients will be informed on June 1.
To apply for the mikeroweWORKS Foundation Travel Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be a gold medal winner at their 2019 state competition, advancing to national competition
- Have never attended the National Leadership and Skills Conference prior to this year
- Be a SkillsUSA member in good standing
- Must reasonably demonstrate financial need for scholarship.
- Must submit application and attachments via online submission no later than May 15, 2019 at midnight, EDT.
- Preference will be given to applicants from program areas of manufacturing and industrial applications, construction, technical computer applications, firefighting, electronics and transportation.