The mikeroweWORKS Foundation Travel Scholarship
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, in partnership with SkillsUSA, is proud to offer a scholarship opportunity for SkillsUSA members who have competed and placed first in their state association competition.
The scholarship is to provide support for SkillsUSA state contest winners who have insufficient personal, chapter, school or community resources to participate at the 2018 National SkillsUSA Championships. Scholarships will be awarded, based on need, to offset the costs of travel and participation in the National SkillsUSA Championships. Additionally, the winners may have the opportunity to attend a luncheon with a member of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation staff during the conference.
The award is based on a student-written, one-page narrative describing the student’s financial need for the scholarship including the lack of school or community resources. Preference will be given to applicants from program areas of manufacturing and industrial applications, construction, technical computer applications, firefighting, electronics and transportation.
The student may be nominated with a letter of recommendation written by their advisor, or state director. Applications should be sent to the national office of SkillsUSA for review and determination. They must be submitted online by midnight May 15.
To apply for the mikeroweWORKS Foundation Travel Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be a gold medal winner at their 2018 state competition, advancing to national competition
- Have never attended the National Leadership and Skills Conference prior to this year
- Be a SkillsUSA member in good standing
- Must reasonably demonstrate financial need for scholarship.
- Must submit application and attachments no later than May 15, 2018. Applications must be received by May 15, not postmarked.
- Preference will be given to applicants from program areas of manufacturing and industrial applications, construction, technical computer applications, firefighting, electronics and transportation.