New Events in 2018
- On Tuesday, June 26, at 4 p.m., we will be hosting a Meet and Greet Reception for our business partners with the State SkillsUSA Directors. The event is invitation-only. More information will be available when you register to attend the National Leadership and Skills Conference (NLSC).
- On Wednesday, June 27, at 6 p.m., we will be hosting a unique reception and dinner at the Muhammed Ali Museum celebrating the WorldSkills program. Our business partners will have the opportunity to enjoy complimentary dinner and drinks, and meet the SkillsUSA students will be representing the United States in Kazan, Russia, in 2019. One lucky business partner will have the opportunity to win an “Official Observer” spot with the U.S. delegation and join us in Kazan to experience WorldSkills first-hand. Raffle tickets will be sold before and during the conference. The winner will be chosen at this invitation-only event. More information will be available when you register to attend the NLSC.
- On Thursday, June 28, at 11:30 a.m., we will be hosting a very special lunch for our business partners to interact with students from across the country who are recipients of the prestigious Models of Excellence program awards. The event is invitation-only. More information will be available when you register to attend the NLSC.
- On Friday, June 29, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., SkillsUSA will be hosting Meet the Employer. This event gives student competitors the opportunity to learn more about employment and career opportunities with SkillsUSA’s business partners. If you’re looking to recruit, this is your chance! Our special thanks to 3M, Harley-Davidson, CBRE and others who have already committed to participating. We have a limited number of spots available for partners to participate. For more information and to apply, visit: www.skillsusa.org/events-training/national-leadership-and-skills-conference/meet-employer/ as soon as possible.
Information Partner Track
- Interested in learning about how to enhance your ROI and partnership with SkillsUSA?
- Do you know how SkillsUSA and industry partners are changing what technical proficiencies students are learning?
- Want to better engage/recruit at the national, state and local levels?
- Do you know how the students competing during NLSC qualified to come?
- Interested in understanding how to greatly increase your brand visibility with SkillsUSA?
- Does your boss/co-worker/colleague really not understand SkillsUSA?
We’ve created the way to give you these answers and more during your time in Louisville!
From Tuesday, June 26 – Thursday, June 28, we will be hosting short information sessions, specifically designed for our business partners to gain knowledge about SkillsUSA, partnership opportunities, etc. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from state association directors and business partners about how to successfully navigate SkillsUSA and create a partnership that meets your goals. A full schedule of information sessions will be available when you register to attend the conference. We encourage you to consider bringing along someone who can also benefit from the information.
Sector Sponsorships Now Available
Offering SkillsUSA’s business and industry partners the best opportunity to broadly support competitions in their respective areas of interest, sector sponsorships help defray the operating costs of SkillsUSA Championships. In 2018, sector partners will receive increased brand visibility throughout NLSC and on the contest floor in their chosen sector areas along with other new partner benefits. Sector Sponsorships are $2,500 per sector (non-exclusive). If you’re interested, sponsorships are available in the following sectors:
- Arts and Communication
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Public Safety
Expanded Business Partner Lounge and Office
Last year, we introduced a dedicated lounge for our business partners to use to work, meet and relax. Due to the very positive response, we are expanding the space available and will be providing more information and refreshments for our business partners at this year’s NLSC. The Partner Lounge is exclusively for our official partners. More information will be available when you register for the 2018 NLSC.
For more information on these events, sponsorship of NLSC activities or to learn more about sector sponsorships, please reach out to Christa Floresca, Director, Business Partnerships and Development, at cfloresca@SkillsUSA.org or 703-737-0603.