The SkillsUSA mission is built upon — and its success depends on —the commitment of our members and partners to the following values:
SkillsUSA produces the most highly skilled workforce in the world, providing every member the opportunity for career success.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Vision
SkillsUSA will foster and provide an inclusive environment where every member can realize their full potential, building the foundation for success, both personally and professionally.
DEI Statements and Actions
- SkillsUSA is committed to serving the diversity of members within our schools and communities.
- SkillsUSA holds itself accountable to advancing the needs of marginalized students and will endeavor to serve as a leader in this capacity within career and technical education.
- SkillsUSA identifies and actively removes barriers to equitable access for members while providing inclusive opportunities for students to grow.
- SkillsUSA is committed to critical reflection and continuous learning.
- SkillsUSA the organization is focused on equity within its work environment.
SkillsUSA Strategic Plan
SkillsUSA develops and maintains an organizational strategic plan for up to five years. Our four key imperatives, approved by the board of directors, align with the strategic plan but more tightly focus our work around improved local chapter and state association health, supported by enhanced business and industry partnerships.
- Imperative 1: Establish SkillsUSA as an education solution to state education agencies and local school districts
- Imperative 2: Create an abundant supply of well-trained, highly motivated teachers to maintain and grow CTE programs with SkillsUSA chapters
- Imperative 3: Ensure career readiness for every SkillsUSA member through SkillsUSA Framework delivery
- Imperative 4: Enhance business, industry and donor partnerships