The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2019-20 school year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board competitions is how our theme, “SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, I’m Ready,” addresses the SkillsUSA program of work in the area of professional development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- What does “I’m Ready” mean to you in relation to career readiness?
- How do you feel that SkillsUSA has prepared you to be ready for the next steps in your career preparation?
- In what specific ways has SkillsUSA prepared you to be ready?
- How is the SkillsUSA Framework of developing personal, workplace and technical skills central to the idea of being ready for employment?
- How are you ready with the personal skills needed for career success?
- How are you ready with the workplace skills needed for career success?
- How are you ready with the technical skills needed for career success?
- What can you specifically point to within your career and technical education program that has prepared you to be ready?
- When you state “I’m Ready” to someone, what are the specific skills that you have to back up that statement?
- How do you continue to be ready for career success with quickly developing advances in technology and business practices?