Honored as an Outstanding SkillsUSA Programs
Congratulations to the 24 Models of Excellence programs that have been selected to represents the very best in chapter achievement. These chapters will participate in the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference in Louisville, Ky., June 24-28. Activities include finalist interviews, an awards dinner at the Kentucky Derby Museum, and recognition at an awards ceremony in front of more than 12,000 students, instructors and business leaders.
Congratulations to the following schools on achieving the Models of Excellence awards:
- Bergen County Academies, N.J.
- Buckeye Hills Career Center, Ohio
- Catawba Valley Community College, N.C.
- Central High School, Wyo.
- Cross Keys High School, Ga.
- Deming High School, N.M.
- Durango High School, Colo.
- Geary High School, Okla.
- Gloucester County Institute of Technology, N.J.
- Greater Lowell Tech High, Mass.
- Greenbrier High School, Ga.
- Grovetown High School, Ga.
- Lynn Vocational Technical Institute, Mass.
- MCVTS-East Brunswick, N.J.
- New Berlin West High School, Wis.
- New Madrid County R-I Tech Skills Center, Mo.
- Norwalk High School, Calif.
- Tennessee College of Applied Tech-Pulaski, Tenn.
- Thomas Jefferson High School, Colo.
- Upper Valley Career Center, Ohio
- Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education, Ariz.
- Vanguard-Sentinel CTC-Vanguard Campus, Ohio
- Willow Canyon High School, Ariz.
- Wiregrass Georgia Tech College, Ga.
The Models of Excellence program promotes the intentional learning of personal, workplace and technical skills outlined in the SkillsUSA Framework for student development. Specific characteristics defined within each skill area help ensure tangible benchmarks for student achievement and chapter programming. Achievement is measured by the effectiveness of student efforts in implementing essential workplace skills including personal responsibility, integrity, work ethic and organization in chapter activities. The hands-on approach of this program actualizes the SkillsUSA mission of empowering members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens.
The Chapter Excellence Program is sponsored by Crescent.