The scholarship is to provide support for SkillsUSA state contest winners who have insufficient personal, chapter, school or community resources to participate at the 2013 National SkillsUSA Championships. A total of fifty $1,000 scholarships are awarded to help offset the costs of travel and to participate in the National SkillsUSA Championships. The winners may also have the opportunity to attend a luncheon with a member of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation staff during the conference.
2013 Scholarship Recipients
- Veronica Allen, Employment Application Process, Heartland Career Center, Ind.
- Gino Alvarez, Television (Video) Production, Foothill High School, Nev.
- Jenna Barry-Utzig, Career Pathways Showcase-Health, Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, Md.
- Charley Beach, Advertising Design, Calhoun Area Career Center, Mich.
- Ashley Bishop, Community Service, Plant City High School, Fla.
- Madison Bogar, Crime Scene Investigation, Sabin Schellenberg Center, Ore.
- Shelby Boyer, Community Action Project, Dr. James A. Forrest Career and Technology Center, Md.
- Storm Bruner, Career Pathways Showcase-Manufacturing, Coffee County Central High School, Tenn.
- Kylie Burkey, Cosmetology, Sullivan Central High School, Tenn.
- Dwane Butler, Employment Application Process, Career Center Monouth County, N.J.
- Darrio Carter, Prepared Speech, Cranston Area Career & Technical Center, R.I.
- RaShad Carter, HVACR, Gadsden City High School, Ala.
- Joey Ciastko, Action Skills, Hobbs Freshman High School, N.M.
- Dayna Cowan, Welding Sculpture, Indian Capital Technology Center, Okla.
- Amber DeJoode, American Spirit, Mounds View High School, Minn.
- Erich Deutsch, Web Design, Thomas Jefferson High School, Colo.
- Tristan Duncan, Automotive Service Technology, Blue Ridge Community College, N.C.
- Casey Fernandez, Chapter Display, L.A. Wilson Tech - Western Suffolk BOCES, N.Y.
- Justin Furman, Automotive Refinishing Technology, Washtenaw Community College, Mich.
- Keanu Giraud, Automotive Service Technology, Waiakea High School, Hawaii
- Albina Gjyrevci, Television (Video) Production, Bergen County Academies, N.J.
- Brittany Goetz-Smith, Employment Application Process, Stillwater Area High School, Minn.
- Davy Hall, Mechatronics, Southern Indiana Career and Technical Center, Ind.
- Kriten Hausmann, American Spirit, Charles Page High School, Okla.
- Patricia Hernandez, Television (Video) Production, Bergen County Academies, N.J.
- Abigail Hoffman, Basic Health Care Skills, Lewis & Clark Career Center and FHN H. S., Mo.
- James Huneke, Welding Sculpture, Blue River Career Programs, Ind.
- Dylan Jones, TeamWorks, Adairsville High School, Ga.
- Jacob Keown, Screen Printing Technology, Greenland High School, Ark.
- Bhola Koirala, Robotics Automation Technology, Patterson High School, Md.
- Rebecca Lagein, Health Knowledge Bowl, Lake Area Career & Technology Center, N.D.
- Vanessa Lavoie, Welding Sculpture, Van Buren District Secondary School, Maine
- Zack Miller, Welding , Pike Lincoln Tech Center, Mo.
- Alyson Moore, Promotional Bulletin Board, Woodland Park High School, Colo.
- Joyce Nelson, Career Pathways Showcase-Management, Tennessee Technology Center Ripley Tenn.
- Lace Paul, Crime Scene Investigation, Sabin Schellenberg Center, Ore.
- Aleesha Peake, Web Design, Eaton Intermediate School District, Mich.
- Alexa Perrucci, Community Service, Bergen County Academies, N.J.
- Rene Plymouth Jr., CNC Turning, Austin Polytechnical Academy, Ill.
- Hanna Postell, Quiz Bowl, Presque Isle Regional Career and Technical Center, Maine
- Jennifer Rich, Culinary Arts, Cherokee High School, Tenn.
- Jayson Rodden, Career Pathways Showcase – Manufacturing, Sabin Schellenberg Technical Center, Ore.
- Priscila Rodriguez, Job Interview, Yakima Valley Technical Skills Center, Wash.
- Olympia Serrano, Promotional Bulletin Board, Westminster High School, Md.
- Abigail Skorupski, Broadcast News Production, Communications High School, N.J.
- Edith Tuinei, Customer Service, West Career and Technical Academy, Nev.
- Andrew Vanner, Extemporaneous Speaking, East Providence Area Career and Technical Center, R.I.
- Jana Watkins, Community Service, Plant City High School, Fla.
- Alexis Wells, Culinary Arts, King Career Center, Alaska
- Abhishek Yonghang, Robotics Automation Technology, Patterson High School, Md.
Congratulations to the 2013 recipients!
For more information on the mission and goals behind mikeroweWORKS and its Foundation, please click on this link: http://www.mikeroweworks.com/mikes-office/giving-back/mikeroweworks-foundation/