HP LIFE e-Learning is a free, peer-reviewed online training program designed for students, entrepreneurs, and small-business owners to develop business and IT skills.
- HP LIFE e-Learning courses are modular, interactive, and relevant in today’s business economy
- Full of information and practical exercises, each course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
- 23 course topics cover core business competencies in the areas of finance, marketing, operations, communication, and special topics such as leadership, social entrepreneurship, and energy efficiency.
- Students receive a certificate of completion for each course that can be printed or downloaded
- Over 200,000 users globally and available in six languages
How can I use it?
HP LIFE e-Learning can be used as
- A resource for a high school or community college entrepreneurship or business courses
- Part of an entrepreneurship club or program
- A tool for the SkillsUSA entrepreneurship business planning contest
- A guide for technical students who want to start a business
- Professional development for people wanting to learn more about starting or growing a business
North Carolina State Entrepreneurship 2014 Champion Case Study
Darcie Tumey, Instructor of Business Administration at Catawba Valley Community College in North Carolina uses HP LIFE e-Learning in her classes and with her SkillsUSA team. This year’s SkillsUSA team used HP LIFE e-Learning as the primary resource when developing the different sections of the business plan. At the start of the project, the students reviewed the Unique Value Position course. This was used as the foundation for discussing why they selected their business and what part of the consumer market they are going to target as their customers. Other HP LIFE e-Learning courses are incorporated as each segment is addressed:
- Your Target Audience used in ENTR 1.0 and 5.0
- Setting Prices used in ENTR 2.0 and 5.0
- Sales Forecasting used in ENTR 3.0
- Hiring Staff used in ENTR 4.0
- Marketing Benefits vs. Features used in ENTR 6.0
- Finding Funding used in ENTR 7.0
- Inventory Management used in ENTR 8.0
- Effective Presentations used in final preparations
HP LIFE e-Learning lends itself to each instructor’s style and teaching methodology where they can be completed as a class within the classroom; or, independently outside of class in preparation for the next class, for instance if your course is hybrid/blended.
By using HP LIFE e-Learning, students were more engaged in the conversation and how to address such issues as funding and managing their inventory. By using Inventory Management one group discovered how tracking their motorcycle inventory was critical in forecasting sales, tracking current sales, placing new orders, and accounting for it in their financial books.