The mikeroweWORKS Foundation Competitor Scholarship
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, in partnership with SkillsUSA, is proud to offer a scholarship opportunity for SkillsUSA members who have competed and placed first in their state association competition.
The scholarship is to provide support for SkillsUSA state contest winners who have insufficient personal, chapter, school or community resources to participate at the 2017 National SkillsUSA Championships. Several scholarships of up to $1,000 each will be awarded, based on need; to help offset the costs of travel and to participate in the National SkillsUSA Championships. The winners may also have the opportunity to attend a luncheon with a member of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation staff during the conference.
The award is based on a student-written, one-page narrative describing the student’s financial need for the scholarship including the lack of school or community resources. The student may be nominated with a letter of recommendation written by their advisor, or state director. Applications should be sent to the national office of SkillsUSA for review and determination. They must be submitted online by midnight EDT on May 26, 2017.
The national office will notify the winners the following week.
To apply for the mikeroweWORKS Foundation Competitor Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be a gold medal winner at their 2017 state competition, advancing to national competition
- Have never attended the National Leadership and Skills Conference prior to this year
- Be a SkillsUSA member in good standing
- Must reasonably demonstrate financial need for scholarship.
- Must submit application and attachments no later than midnight EDT on May 26, 2017.