Lowe’s continues a ninth year of generosity with another round of SkillsUSA grants in 2017. Grant information and the application are now available on the SkillsUSA website. The focus of the grant program is significant community improvement. Grants of up to $25,000 will be awarded. Multiple applications per school will be accepted, and priority for funding will be given to new SkillsUSA chapters.
The best proposed projects will:
- provide a life-changing experience for the SkillsUSA students involved and the beneficiaries of the grant dollars
- demonstrate a well-articulated planned partnership with and engagement from local Lowe’s store team(s)
- show impact — how many SkillsUSA students will participate/how many members of the community will be affected?
- show collaboration with other organizations and show sustainability
- show active use of social media to promote and document the project
- be improvement projects that use Lowe’s as a resource for employee knowledge and/or available products
For more information, please email email@example.com. The deadline for grant applications is June 30 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. Please review the grant guidelines to be sure that applications are properly completed and submitted.