The following are frequently asked questions about the National Leadership and Skills Conference.
Registration Fee and Name Badges
Registration for the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference is $150 for all participating individuals and guests. This fee includes name badge, lanyard, program, SkillsUSA Night ticket, bus transportation schedule, and entrance to all conference events and Awards and Recognition booklet. No individual tickets are sold for the Opening Ceremony on Tuesday, June 20. Tickets to the awards session on Friday, June 23, are available for $10 each on a limited basis. Purchase them at SkillsUSA Headquarters in KEC by Friday, June 23, at 4 p.m. Also, individual tickets for SkillsUSA Night on Thursday, June 22, may be purchased in our headquarters in KEC for $20. Note: The conference name badge is your entry to all functions and must be worn at all times. If a badge is lost, please report to room our headquarters in KEC for a replacement.
Your state association director will be given all state registration information and material. Conference participants need to obtain this material (items such as your name badge, program and conference information) from the state association director at the designated state meeting time.
Directions to KEC
- Tuesday, June 20 at 7 p.m.
- There are no tickets for the Opening Ceremonies on Tuesday – you must be a registered participant. (the cost to register for the conference is $150).
The entire opening ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
The contest floor will be open to the public beginning on Tuesday June 20 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, there will be orientations going on and a few preliminary contest events.
Wednesday June 21 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Limited competitions will begin.
Thursday June 22 all competitions begin at 8 a.m. They will close promptly at 5 p.m.
See official program (which will be posted after June 1) for exact times and details
Admission is free and open to the public at the times listed above. No access will be allowed to anyone other than credentialed personnel prior to the start times listed.
- It takes place Thursday, June 22 at Kentucky Kingdom, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tickets cost for non-registered attendees: $20
- Kentucky Kingdom’s website
Do not bring the following items into Kentucky Kingdom:
- Weapons such as knives or guns
- Any glass container
- Food, beverages, or alcohol brought in from outside the park
- Drugs or other illegal substances
- Coolers or picnic baskets
- Vehicles or two-wheeled electric scooters
- Skateboards, bicycles or skates
- Friday, June 23 at 5 p.m.
- Tickets cost $10. There is no charge for children age 10 and under.
- To purchase tickets go to Room E1 East Wing. Times will be posted outside the door.
- You can also purchase tickets at the door.
- The entire awards ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
What’s the phone number for my child’s hotel?
A complete hotel listing can be found here.
What’s the schedule for hotel shuttles?
Mobility Scooter Information
Due to issues beyond our control, the only mobility scooter supplier we used for scooters has decided not to return to the conference as a supplier. There will be no mobility scooter service available through SkillsUSA or the Kentucky Expositioni Center. Guests are requested to rent or bring personal scooters on their own.