The following are frequently asked questions about the National Leadership and Skills Conference.
Registration Fee and Name Badges
Registration for the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference is $140 for all participating individuals and guests. This fee includes name badge, lanyard, program, SkillsUSA Night ticket, bus transportation schedule, and entrance to all conference events and Awards and Recognition booklet. No individual tickets are sold for the Opening Ceremony on Tuesday, June 21. Tickets to the awards session on Friday, June 24, are available for $10 each on a limited basis. Purchase them at SkillsUSA Headquarters in KEC by Friday, June 24, at 4 p.m. Also, individual tickets for SkillsUSA Night on Thursday, June 23, may be purchased in our headquarters in KEC for $20. Note: The conference name badge is your entry to all functions and must be worn at all times. If a badge is lost, please report to room our headquarters in KEC for a replacement.
Your state association director will be given all state registration information and material. Conference participants need to obtain this material (items such as your name badge, program and conference information) from the state association director at the designated state meeting time.
Directions to KEC
- Tuesday, June 21 at 7 p.m.
- There are no tickets for the Opening Ceremonies on Tuesday – you must be a registered participant. (the cost to register for the conference is $140).
The entire opening ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
The contest floor will be open to the public beginning on Tuesday June 21 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, there will be orientations going on and a few preliminary contest events.
Wednesday June 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Limited competitions will begin.
Thursday June 23 all competitions begin at 8 a.m. They will close promptly at 5 p.m.
See official program (which will be posted after June 1) for exact times and details
Admission is free and open to the public at the times listed above. No access will be allowed to anyone other than credentialed personnel prior to the start times listed.
- It takes place Thursday, June 23 at Kentucky Kingdom, 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tickets cost for non-registered attendees: $20
- Kentucky Kingdom’s website
- Watch a short video about Kentucky Kingdom attractions:
Do not bring the following items into Kentucky Kingdom:
- Weapons such as knives or guns
- Any glass container
- Food, beverages, or alcohol brought in from outside the park
- Drugs or other illegal substances
- Coolers or picnic baskets
- Vehicles or two-wheeled electric scooters
- Skateboards, bicycles or skates
- Outdoor exhibits for SkillsUSA TECHSPO are moving to lot A
- Activate, Leverage and Engage training is moving to the Crowne Plaza
- Parking pass sales will be available in the South Wing A lobby at the Kentucky Exposition Center
- Selena Gomez will be live in concert on Wednesday, June 21 at 7:30 p.m. Group sales tickets are available to purchase in advance through your state director in order to receive the SkillsUSA rate. Restrictions apply.
- Friday, June 24 at 6 p.m.
- Tickets cost $10. There is no charge for children age 10 and under.
- To purchase tickets go to Room E1 East Wing. Times will be posted outside the door.
- You can also purchase tickets at the door.
- The entire awards ceremony will be broadcast live via Internet. Details are available here.
What’s the phone number for my child’s hotel?
A complete hotel listing can be found here.
What’s the schedule for hotel shuttles?
You can download shuttle schedules for every hotel here.
Mobility Scooter Information
Event Dates: (Sat-Fri) June 18-24, 2016
Place: Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC)
Pick up/Drop Off Location: Registration, Room E-1 of the KEC, located off the North Wing Lobby
Pick Up Day and Time: Friday, June 17, 3 p.m.
Drop Off Day and Time: Monday, June 27, before noon
Attendees can reserve a scooter or wheelchair by phone, 800-876-6846, select option #9 for Customer Service Representation for the event. The Customer Service Representative will need the user’s height, weight, contact information, an email address for confirmation of reservation and a payment at the time of reservation. The price list is below. Full refund cancellation deadline is on or before Wednesday June 15 at 5 p.m., no refunds after deadline. Renters will be responsible for lock up and re-charge every evening. Shelly Coates from SkillsUSA will be responsible for receiving delivery of reserved scooters and wheelchairs and having all equipment returned to Room E-1 of the KEC, located off the North Wing for pick up Monday June 27, before noon.
Prices for this event are as follows, No delivery fee required, 6 percent sales tax will be added
- Scooters $200
- Standard Manual Wheelchairs $50
- Lightweight Wheelchair $75
Renters will receive an email with their confirmation number and a copy of their invoice and payment receipt once the reservation is completed.
IMPORTANT: Our service department will prepare a few extra scooters should someone request one after the conference has already started. If we receive the call before 5 p.m. on Thursday June 16, it will be delivered with the others on Friday June 17 after 3 p.m. If we receive the call on Friday or Saturday (we are closed Sunday) the equipment will be delivered on Monday, June 27. Delivery times are scheduled before or after 1 p.m., but a guaranteed delivery time is not possible.
If attendees have any questions or concerns that our Customer Service Representatives cannot answer, feel free to contact Shelly Satton at 502-491-2000 extension 4243 or email@example.com.