Honorary Life Members
Grover Bledsoe, builder of 3-D SkillsUSA emblems, Pennsylvania; Vandy Gates, retired SkillsUSA Georgia director; Chip Harris, volunteer/former director of three state associations; Bob Kimbrell, national Outstanding Chapter chair, Alabama; Larry Rabalais, national board member/Louisiana director; Michael Regauld, 20-year director, SkillsUSA
Advisor of the Year
Richard Carter, Polytech High School, Woodside, Del.
Heidi Balch, SkillsUSA Connecticut director; Peter Carey, SkillsUSA New Jersey director; Mark Church, career and technical education director, Franklin County (Va.) High School; Mike Cowles, SkillsUSA Ohio director; Karen Ward, SkillsUSA Massachusetts director
Student2Student Grand Prize Chapter
Bloomington (Calif.) High School
Torch Carrier Award
Susan Christophersen, General Motors, national Automotive Service Technology contest chair; Dave Worden, Kohler Co., national Power Equipment Technology contest chair
SkillsUSA ChampionshipsGOLD MEDALISTS
Trade, Industrial and Technical Contests
- 3-D Visualization and Animation: (teams) Regional Technical Institute, Reno, Nev.; Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
- Advertising Design: Amanda Lax, Lexington (S.C.) Technology Center; Sara Gutting; Dakota County Technical College, Rosemount, Minn.
- Architectural Drafting: Jamie Colby, Northwest Education Center, Glendale, Ariz.; Brian Spendak, Macomb Community College, Warren, Mich.
- Automated Manufacturing Technology: (teams) Roseburg HS, Roseburg, Ore.; College of Lake County, Grayslake, Ill.
- Automotive Service Technology: John Washburn, Warwick (R.I.) Area CTC; Nick Johnson, Montana State University Northern, Havre
- Aviation Maintenance Technology: Luke Zsiga and David Garvin, Tulsa (Okla.) Technology Center Riverside
- Building Maintenance: Marshall Williams, Eastside Technical Center, Lexington, Ky.; Jose Marquez, Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Cabinetmaking: Christopher Staney, Bay Path Regional Vocational-Technical HS, Charlton, Mass.; Michael Olsen, Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
- Carpentry: Mark McGill, River Valley Technical Center, Springfield, Vt.; William Janes, Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades, Media, Pa.
- CNC Milling: Jason Hilleshiem, Wisconsin Lutheran HS, Milwaukee; Bret Lauderbaugh, Alexandria (Minn.) Technical College
- CNC Turning: Zachary Stephens, Lake Cumberland Area Technology Center, Russell Springs, Ky.; James Bauleke, South Central Technical College, Faribault, Minn.
- Collision Repair Technology: Josh Smith, Tazewell County Vocational Center, Tazewell, Va.; Robert Isakson, North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton
- Commercial Baking: Krista Burgoyne; Minuteman Regional HS, Lexington, Mass.; Dana Tregellas, Boise State University, Idaho
- Computer Maintenance Technology: Brandon Thetford, Red Mountain HS, Mesa, Ariz.; David Nelson, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City
- Cosmetology: Elisa Graybill, Sun Area CTC, New Berlin, Pa.; Jennifer Mason, Mecosta Osceola Career Center, Big Rapids, Mich.
- Criminal Justice: Brandon Edwards, Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.; Erica Cantrell, Greenville (S.C) Technical College
- Culinary Arts: Ali Metzger, Flagstaff (Ariz.) HS; Wing Lau, Chattahoochee Technical College, Marietta, Ga.
- Diesel Equipment Technology: Ryan Cole, Ohio Hi-Point Career Center, Bellefontaine; Caleb Matzke, Madison (Wis.) Area Technical College
- Electronics Applications: Aaron (Cory) Moyer, Cumberland-Perry Area Vocational Technical School, Mechanicsburg, Pa.; Michael Pickens, Southern Utah University, Cedar City
- Electronics Technology: Steve Gardini, Blackstone Valley RVTS, Upton, Mass.; Benjamin McBride, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City
- Food and Beverage Service: Angell Sanchez, Mission Trails Regional Occupational Program, Salinas, Calif.; Kimberlee Bledsoe, Ozarka College, Melbourne, Ark.
- Graphic Communications: Jeff McFarland, South Grand Prairie HS, Grand Prairie, Texas; Rebecca Long, Asheville (N.C.) HS
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration: Phillip Torrence, Chesterfield (Va.) Technical Center; John Patterson, North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton
- Industrial Motor Control: Doug MacMillan, Dover (N.H.) High School and Regional Center; Nathan Piggott, Lansing (Mich.) Community College
- Internetworking: Ben DeCamp, Dennis Professional Technical Education Center, Boise, Idaho; Quinn Snyder, Northland Pioneer College, Holbrook, Ariz.
- Major Appliance Technology: Jessica Long, Robert Morgan Educational Center, Miami; Gordon Schnortz, Hibbing (Minn.) Community College
- Marine Service Technology: Doug Sullivan, Eau Gallie HS, Melbourne, Fla.; Nathan Fiedler, North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton
- Masonry: Dallas Caudle and Josh Morrison, Central Cabarrus HS, Concord, N.C.
- Mechatronics: (teams) Four County Joint Vocational School, Archbold, Ohio; Alexandria (Minn.) Technical College
- Motorcycle Service Technology: Nikolaus Hays, Lake Washington Technical College, Kirkland, Wash.; Greg Gutierrez, Dekalb Technical College, Clarkston, Ga.
- Nail Care: Helena Stieg, Mecosta Osceola Career Center, Big Rapids, Mich.; Victoria Stelly, Saline County Career Center, Bauxite, Ark.
- Photography: Eric Peterson, Fulton HS, Knoxville, Tenn.; Adam Dorobiala, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City
- Plumbing: Jason Tartaris, Grasso Technical HS, Groton, Conn.; Tim Anderson, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Jackson County, Gautier
- Power Equipment Technology: Dustin Arnold, Murray County HS, Chatsworth, Ga.; Dennis Mueller, Alexandria (Minn.) Technical College
- Precision Machining Technology: Ryan Levy, Jackson (Mich.) Area Career Center; Kenneth Kraft, Oakton Community College, Park Ridge, Ill.
- Preschool Teaching Assistant: Michaela Brutus, Waterloo (Neb.) Public Schools; Jill Pullen, Wayne (Neb.) State College
- Residential Wiring: Shawn Mundo, Wilcox Technical HS, Meriden, Conn.; Mike Walter, St. Paul College, St. Paul, Minn.
- Robotics and Automation Technology: (teams) Pinckney (Mich.) HS; Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon
- Sheet Metal: Brok Layton and Jerrod Bingham, Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College, Ogden, Utah
- TeamWorks: Caldwell County Career Center, Hudson, N.C.; North Central Kansas Technical College, Beloit
- Technical Computer Applications: Ryan Seward, Roseburg (Ore.) HS; Lee Bottone, Illinois Central College, East Peoria
- Technical Drafting: Eric Macchi, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational-Technical HS, Upton, Mass.; Kyle Van Leeuwen, Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon
- Telecommunications Cabling: Pete Hrycak, Delcastle Technical HS, Wilmington, Del.; Corey Barlow, East Central Technical College, Fitzgerald, Ga.
- Television (Video) Production: (teams) Iowa Lakes Community College, Emmetsburg, Iowa; Chattahoochee Technical College, Marietta, Ga.
- Web Design: (teams) Bergen County Vo-Tech School, Hackensack, N.J.; Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Perkinston
- Welding: Adam Lutgring, Pike Central HS, Petersburg, Ind.; Ted Luszczynski, Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor, Mich.
Health Occupations Contests
- Basic Health Care Skills: Matthew Bourke, Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School, Bourne, Mass.
- Dental Assisting: Kayla Hilliard, Lancaster County CTC, Willow Street, Pa.; Melissa McClister, Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Health Knowledge Bowl: (teams) Trumbull CTC, Warren, Ohio; East Central Technical College, Fitzgerald, Ga.
- Health Occupations Professional Portfolio: Julianne Bodenhorn; Calvert Career Center, Prince Frederick, Md.; Jay Tsultin, Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Medical Assisting: Heather Ruest, Calvert Career Center, Prince Frederick, Md.; Shannon Patterson, Griffin (Ga.) Technical College
- Nurse Assisting: Ashley Williams, Tri County Technical Center, Dexter, Maine; Jeff Kelley, South Georgia Technical College, Americus
- Practical Nursing: Erin O’Meara, Trumbull CTC, Warren, Ohio; Melissa Erpelding, Northeast Kansas Technical College, Atchison
Leadership Development Contests
- Action Skills: Richard Linares, Roosevelt HS, Yonkers, N.Y.; Gregory Sams, Friedman Occupational Center, Los Angeles
- American Spirit: (chapter) Birdville ISD Career Center, Halton City, Texas
Chapter Business Procedure: (teams) West Bladen HS, Bladenboro, N.C.; Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
- Chapter Display: (teams) Burlington County Institute of Technology, Medford, N.J.; Central Georgia Technical College, Macon, Ga.
- Community Service: (teams) Greater Lawrence Technical HS, Andover, Mass.; Bay Arenac Career Center, Bay City, Mich.
- Extemporaneous Speaking: Amber Webb, Snow Canyon HS, Saint George, Utah; Kenneth Downing Jr., Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
- Job Interview: Lori Higashi, Mililani (Hawaii) HS; Elizabeth Cappella, Branch Area Careers Center, Coldwater, Mich.
- Job Skill Demonstration A: Dawn Naylor, Polytech HS, Woodside, Del., James Merrell, Pioneer CTC, Shelby, Ohio
- Job Skill Demonstration B: Libby Tuckey, Branch Area Careers Center, Coldwater, Mich.; Keri Muntefering, Mitchell (S.D.) Technical Institute
- Occupational Health and Safety: (multiple section) Calvert Career Center, Prince Frederick, Md.; Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.; (single section) Pike County Joint Vocational School, Piketon, Ohio; Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies: (teams) Biloxi (Miss.) HS CTC; Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City
- Outstanding Chapter: Buckeye Hills Career Center, Rio Grande, Ohio; Kaw Area Technical School, Topeka, Kan.
- Prepared Speech: Laura Krell, Sun Area CTC, New Berlin, Pa.; P.J. Jackson, Central Georgia Technical College, Macon
- Promotional Bulletin Board: (teams) Bremerton (Wash.) HS; East Los Angeles Occupational Center, California
- Quiz Bowl: (teams) McMinn County Vocational Center, Athens, Tenn.; Tennessee Technology Center at Athens
Occupationally Related Contests
- Customer Service: Kayla Harriman, Oakland Technical Center Northeast, Pontiac, Mich.; Jessica Zentz, Frederick County CTC, Frederick, Md.
- First Aid and CPR: Kimberly Brown and Kelly Carothers, Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Principles of Technology: Kayli Wetterskog, Duncanville (Texas ) HS; Michael Mills, Southern Utah University, Cedar City
- Related Technical Math: Eric Wheeler, Centennial HS, Franklin, Tenn.; Matt Schmitz, Alexandria (Minn.) Technical College
- Total Quality Management: (teams) Mesa (Ariz.) HS; Advanced Technology Center, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Computer Programming: Kevin Franzen, Willowbrook HS, Villa Park, Ill.; Douglas Thomsen, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City
- Firefighting: Matt Hawley, Cass Career Center, Harrisonville, Mo.; Aaron Davis, Autry Technology Center, Enid, Okla.
- Entrepreneurship: (teams) Bergen County Vocational-Technical School, Hackensack, N.J.; Manatee Technical Institute, Bradenton, Fla.
- Radio (Audio) Production: (teams) Weslaco (Texas) HS; Utah Valley State College, Orem, Utah
- Team Problem Solving: T.H. Pickens Technical Center, Aurora, Colo.
- Tech Prep Showcase (gold standard): Grant Joint Vocational School, Bethel, Ohio; Greenville (Ohio) Senior HS; Lakewood (Ohio) HS; Meridian (Idaho) Charter HS; Millstream CTC North, Findlay, Ohio (two medals); Plymouth (Mass.) South HS; Shawsheen HS, Billerica, Mass.; Stebbins HS, Riverside, Ohio
- Television News Anchor/Reporter: (teams) Arlington (Va.) Career Center; University of Texas at Brownsville
For a full list of medalists, visit: www.skillsusa-register.org/reports/medalists.aspx.