November 14th, 2011
There are several scholarships opportunities available for students on the SkillsUSA website. Please pass the word.
National Technical Honor Society Scholarship (four @ $1,000 each) – Deadline, April 1, 2012 – go to: www.skillsusa.org/students/nths.shtml
Sharon Melton Myers Memorial Scholarship ($500) – Deadline, April 30, 2012 – go to: www.skillsusa.org/downloads/PDF/scholarships/smmscholarship.pdf
Alumni Merit Scholarship (two @ $500 each) – Deadline, May 15, 2012 – go to: www.skillsusa.org/supporters/alumnischolar.shtml
June 14th, 2011
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, in partnership with SkillsUSA, recently provided a new scholarship opportunity for SkillsUSA members who placed first in their state association contests this year. Twenty $1,000 scholarships have been awarded to offset costs of travel and conference participation. Winners will also have the opportunity to attend a luncheon with a member of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation staff. The winners are:
- Justin Holbrooks, Wood County Technical Center in Parkersburg, W.V.
- Josie Colonna, Monmouth County Career Center in Freehold, N.J.
- Brittany Belgarde, Helena High School in Helena, Mont.
- Forrest Barker, Suwannee-Hamilton Tech. Center in Live Oak, Fla.
- Carrick Ashworth, Sabin Schellenberg Center in Milwaukie, Ore.
- Forrest Teague, Lawrence County Center of Technology in Moulton, Ala.
- Luzbeth Rodriguez, Warwick Area Career and Technical Center in Warwick, R.I.
- Forrest Smith, Warwick Area Career and Technical Center in Warwick, R.I.
- Nina Palombo, Chariho Regional High School in Wood River Junction, R.I.
- Kelli Green, Kamiah High School in Kamiah, Ore.
- Pamela Roberts, Sullivan South High School in Kingsport, Tenn.
- Heidi Smith, H. C. Wilcox Technical High School in Meriden, Conn.
- Scott Eckensberger, Seminole Vocational Education Center in Seminole, Fla.
- Drew Forrest, Spring Lake Park High School in Spring Lake Park, Minn.
- Terri Haupt, Seminole Vocational Education Center in Seminole, Fla.
- Bryanna Auverson, Lewiston Senior High School in Lewiston, Idaho
- Monica Briner, Highland Community College Technical Center in Atchison, Kan.
- Supansa Banker, Washtenaw Community College in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Julian Ellison, Carver-Scott Educational Cooperative in Chaska, Minn.
- Brian Murphy, Communications High School in Wall, N.J.
June 1st, 2011
The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, in partnership with SkillsUSA, is announcing a new scholarship opportunity for SkillsUSA members who have placed first in their state association contests this year. The scholarship is to provide support for state contest winners who have insufficient chapter, school or community resources to participate in the 2011 National SkillsUSA Championships.
Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be given away to offset costs of travel and conference participation. Winners will also have the opportunity to attend a luncheon with a member of The mikeroweWORKS Foundation staff.
Acceptance is based on a one-page narrative submitted by the student and a letter of support from the student’s advisor or state association director. Applications must be postmarked by June 3. Winners will be notified the following week.
For additional information and the application form, please link to www.skillsusa.org/supporters/mikerowe2.shtml
May 14th, 2011
With more than 90 applications received for the 2011 National Technical Honor Society scholarship, we are pleased to announce the recipients. Congratulations to each recipient of a $1,000 scholarship from NTHS. They are:
- Maria Garcia, Industrial Technology, Bradenton, Fla. (Manatee Technical Institute) – College/Postsecondary
- Zackery Minor, Graphic Communications, Bartlesville, Okla. (Tri County Technology Center) – High School
- Nathaniel Perry, Visual Communications, Norwich, N.Y. (Chenango Area BOCES) – High School
- Danielle Walter, Interactive Multimedia, Canfield, Ohio (Mahoning County Career and Technical Center) – High School
May 14th, 2011
Congratulations are extended to the recipients of the 2011 Bob Flint Student Leadership Development Scholarship- SkillsUSA Officer 101/201 Training. Each recipient will receive a $1,300 travel scholarship to the NLSC in Kansas City. They are
- Ane Marie Hodder, Bay-Arenac ISD Career Center (Mich.)
- James Jordan, Tennessee Technology Center, Hohenwald (Tenn.)
- Elena Melekos, Sussex County Technical School, Sparta (N.J.)
- Yolanda Ollervides, St. Philip’s College, San Antonio (Texas)
May 14th, 2011
For the 2011 Sharon Melton Myers Memorial Scholarship, our congratulations go to this year’s recipients, and each will receive a $500 scholarship. They are as follows:
- McCartney Renn, Baraboo High School, Baraboo (Wis.) – National Winner
- Amy Melton, McMinn Career Center (Tenn.) – Tennessee Winner