SkillsUSA is hiring for the position of an alumni program manager. This position administers the responsibilities associated with the management of all aspects of SkillsUSA’s national alumni association.
Minimum Education, License and Experience Requirements
This position requires effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage projects efficiently, conduct research and coordinate attendance at SkillsUSA and other educational events such as school visits, conferences and/or trade shows. Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, energetic and possess the ability to multi-task and work well with others. Non-profit association experience and alumni experience preferred, especially as a former SkillsUSA member or career and technical student organization member or supporter. Knowledge and/or experience in Microsoft Office software required. Relevant experience and an associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Develop and implement annual and long-range operating plans for Alumni development
- Design and conduct strategies and tactics to substantially increase Alumni membership and involvement at all levels
- Develop and promote the tangible and intangible benefits of membership to prospective Alumni members
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Alumni Coordinating Committee and coordinate its awards and recognition programs
- Work directly with state association directors and state alumni coordinators to provide state support
- In coordination with the Office of Business Partnerships and Development, assist in developing corporate relationships to support the Alumni and SkillsUSA. This includes, but is not limited to, fundraising efforts such as the individual giving campaign
Interested applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter to: Missy Wilson, Human Resources Manager, SkillsUSA, 14001 SkillsUSA Way, Leesburg, VA 20176, or by email to email@example.com by September 28, 2012.
In keeping with a tradition of respect for the individuality of our members and our role in workforce development, SkillsUSA strives to ensure inclusive participation in all of our programs, partnerships and employment opportunities. SkillsUSA is an equal opportunity employer.