The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2012-13 year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Prepared with the Skills America Needs
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board contests is how our slogan, SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, relates to our national program of work in the area of professional development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- Based on research from employers, what skills do Americans need?
- How does SkillsUSA provide the skills needed?
- How does participation in SkillsUSA provide members an edge in the workforce?
- How does involvement in SkillsUSA provide a competitive edge to America in the global economy?
- By participating in SkillsUSA events, how will you be more marketable in the workforce?
- What do SkillsUSA members need to do to be prepared?
- What skills have you gained through SkillsUSA that will make you prepared to enter your chosen field?
- How does SkillsUSA continue to adapt to prepare students with these needed skills?
- What principles was America founded on and how are those still relevant today?
- Why do American citizens need to have a variety of skills?
- How do we establish an attitude of life-long learning through the SkillsUSA programs?