SkillsUSA Theme for 2013-14
The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2013-14 school year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Educated and Skilled to Lead America
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board competitions is how our slogan, “SkillsUSA: Champions at Work,” relates to our national program of work in the area of professional development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- How has your involvement in SkillsUSA ensured that you are educated in the areas of personal, workplace and technical skills needed to lead America?
- As indicated by research, what are the needed skills to fulfill the projected job market, and how can you obtain the education to be prepared to lead America?
- Why is it important to the economic success of America to build a society of educated and skilled workers?
- How has your involvement in SkillsUSA led to greater skill development?
- Why is continually updating your skills important?
- How has education changed to adapt to the skills needed to be successful in the marketplace?
- What can SkillsUSA do to ensure that its members are educated and skilled to lead America?
- How does the level of education and skills attainment affect America’s success in the global marketplace?
- What are the steps you would take to ensure you were receiving the right education and skills to fulfill the future job market?
- What SkillsUSA programs ensure that members are developing personal skills that are needed to lead America such as integrity, self-motivation, work ethic, professionalism, and responsibility?
- What SkillsUSA programs ensure that members are developing workplace skills that are needed to lead America such as communication, decision-making, teamwork, cultural-sensitivity and leadership?
- What SkillsUSA programs ensure that members are developing technical skills that are needed to lead America such as technical literacy, job specific, service orientation, professional development, and safety and health?
- How is SkillsUSA living out its mission to help its members become world-class workers, leaders and responsible America citizens?