Scholarship winners announced
We are pleased to announce the winners of the Student Leadership Development and the Sharon Melton Meyers Memorial scholarships. The winners of the Student Leadership Development Scholarship will each receive $1300 to attend Leverage and Activate training in Kansas City. The Sharon Melton Myers Memorial SkillsUSA Scholarship fund provides $500 to graduating SkillsUSA members the opportunity to continue their education in college or technical school.
2012 Student Leadership Development Scholarship
- Stephen DeVito, Sussex County Technical School, Sparta, N.J. (Activate)
- Anthony Hamblin, Tennessee Technology Center – Oneida/Huntsville (Leverage)
- Connor Johnson, Eaton ISD Career Preparation Center, Charlotte, Mich. (Leverage)
- Ruby Ramirez, Cibola High School, Yuma, Ariz. (Leverage)
2012 Sharon Melton Myers Memorial Scholarship
- Andrew Jones, Area 31 Career Center/Ben Davis High School, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Jessica Pilkey, McMinn Career Technical Center, Athens, Tenn.
These and other scholarship opportunities can be found on our website: www.skillsusa.org/students/scholarships.shtml
Congratulations to our winners!