We’re on the road toward another great conference. On June 6, the Teamsters started moving equipment for the Championships out of storage. The postal carts we use to load supplies for the national office are in our office hallways, and the truck will be leaving for Kansas City on Monday, June 18.
Here are some of the numbers:
- 9,905 paid registration. A record
- 5,948 contestants. Another record
- More than 350 industry and education guests
- 1,414 volunteers including 163 in the Courtesy Corps
- 35 high school and college/postsecondary national officer candidates
- 125 alumni will be attending including 39 former national officers. The most ever to pre-register
- 100 more people are registered for Leverage, Activate and Engage over last year’s Officer 101/201 and advisors’ conference, a new record and,
- 300 more tickets have been sold for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle raffle than last year
Special Guests attending conference include Brenda Dann-Messier, assistant secretary of Education (OVAE), Sharon Miller, OVAE, Jane Oates, assistant secretary of Labor (ETA), Simon Bartley, president of WorldSkills International, and Bill Symonds, director of Harvard’s Pathways to Prosperity Project. We will also have 17 Harley-Davidson executives joining us, large groups from State Farm, Caterpillar, IRWIN, NCCER, Snap-on and others.
We will have two ads in the Kansas City Star – one on Thursday, June 21 and a half page on Sunday, June 24, saying thanks for moving the conference to accommodate the All-Star Game.