Chapter Management Institute in Leesburg, Va.
On February 22, SkillsUSA is hosting a State Farm-sponsored Chapter Management Institute (CMI) in Leesburg, Virginia at the SkillsUSA National Leadership Center from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CMI seminars provide instructors with the tools they need to develop, manage and advise a SkillsUSA chapter in their schools or classrooms. Participants explore the mission of SkillsUSA; learn to use the multitude of resources available and engage in hands-on activities. The training uses interactive sessions and provides answers to questions such as:
- How do I get students involved?
- What is the best way to organize our activities?
- What does a chapter set out to do?
- What is a Program of Work?
- What materials are available to help students?
This is a must for beginning or novice advisors wanting to start a chapter or better manage an existing chapter.
As a participant in the CMI Basic Seminar, you will receive the following materials ($80 value):
- Advisor’s Success Kit (Ask) CD-ROM
- The SkillsUSA Championships Technical Standards 2011-12 CD Package
- National Conference DVD – A Week of Champions
Training and materials are free to participants. There is a $30 registration fee to cover lunch and breaks. To register, contact Stephanie Bland, 703-737-0622 or by e-mail to email@example.com. The deadline for registration is February 8, 2011. For more information on this and other training seminars, please go to www.skillsusa.org/educators/training.shtml.