The SkillsUSA competition theme for the 2011-12 year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Skilled and Motivated
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board contests is how our slogan, SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, relates to our national program of work in the area of Professional Development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- How does participation in SkillsUSA increases student motivation for success?
- How do SkillsUSA’s Championships provide students an opportunity to showcase their technical and professional skills?
- How does involvement in SkillsUSA increase America’s competitive edge in the global economy?
- How does participation in SkillsUSA give students hope for their future?
- What activities in SkillsUSA assist students in mastering technical skills?
- How does SkillsUSA train a motivated workforce?
- How do SkillsUSA’s partnerships with business and industry ensure that students are prepared for tomorrow’s workplace?
- What opportunities does SkillsUSA provide to celebrate and honor student achievement?
- How does involvement in SkillsUSA keep students in school?
- How does involvement in SkillsUSA inspire students to continue life-long learning?
- How does participation in SkillsUSA assist students in finding their passion?
- How does participation in SkillsUSA motivate students to pursue their career dreams?
- What strategies does SkillsUSA use to promote student success?