- On Friday, August 13, during the state association directors’ conference, Laurie Gostley-Hackett, manager of philanthropy and community relations at Air Products, presented a check for $100,000 on behalf of Air Products to SkillsUSA. I updated the group on our plans to honor John McGlade, chairman, president, and CEO of Air Products during the inaugural CEO Champion of the Year Award dinner. Air Products will be the dinner host at the Waldorf-Astoria on October 18. I also told them we have plans to stream the event live on the Internet so every state association can be involved. Laurie’s passion for SkillsUSA was obvious. I’m pleased to say that both Toyota and Snap-on have also pledged support for the dinner. A list of high-level dinner attendees will be compiled to help generate excitement and we hope we will encourage CEOs and executives of other current SkillsUSA partners to attend. Formal invitations will be sent via e-mail by September. Questions and requests for more information can be directed to Chris Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-737-0621.
- We’ve finished faxing the lists of Championships medalists to Congress and to the governors. We’ve received a lot of requests for home addresses already and expect more will be coming. And, we’re well underway for the Washington Leadership Training Institute this month.
- Staff had a great chapter management workshop in Annapolis with a group of advisors new to SkillsUSA in Maryland. State Association Director Chuck Wallace set everything up.
- I recently returned from Bristol, Tenn., where I attended the IRWIN Bristol Night Race with Board Member Nick Morrisroe and I had a great time.
- And, last week I attended the Youth Development Foundation meeting hosted by Delmar, Cengage Learning in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
With an exciting new school year now underway, we’re pleased to invite you to visit the SkillsUSA Web store www.skillsusastore.org – your one-stop resource for all things SkillsUSA. From uniform products and core items, stylish apparel to cool accessories, our online store is available 24/7 to serve you.
Also, coming to your inbox this fall is our new 2010 – 2011 catalog, which previews more than twenty new apparel and product offerings. Redesigned to honor our collective commitment to sustainability, this catalog will become a handy companion to our online store. We encourage you to share the catalog with your SkillsUSA students as well, as our full product line truly has something for everyone.
In addition to new offerings spotlighted in the catalog, our product line is updated throughout the year. Be sure to visit www.skillsusastore.org often to see what’s new.
Remember, SkillsUSA Store is your one-stop outfitter for all Official SkillsUSA products including:
- SkillsUSA Blazers, Wind Jackets and Ties
- Competition Work Uniforms for all events
- Chapter Supplies, Banners and Table Drapes
- SkillsUSA Pins, Patches and Medallions
- Fun and Stylish Fashion Apparel
- SkillsUSA branded Gifts and Accessories
- Customizable Awards
- And much more!
We are also pleased to be your resource for all your custom branded SkillsUSA product and apparel needs. Our merchandising team can provide you with the latest products at competitive prices. From funky T-shirts to cool pins, from decals to flash drives, we have access to more than a million products at every price point. Just call (703-674-5454) or send an e-mail to Steve Korker at email@example.com, and his team will be happy to help you with concepts and ideas.
Thank you for shopping the SkillsUSA Store and your continued support of our organization.