SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Respecting All Perspectives
The topic to be addressed by contestants in the Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board contests is how our slogan, SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, relates to our national program of work in the area of Professional Development.
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- How SkillsUSA’s professional development opportunities respect and value cultural differences to optimize personal and team success in the workplace.
- How members value different talents/skills to achieve common goals in competition and within the community.
- How students use collaboration and cooperation to achieve team success inside and outside the classroom.
- How SkillsUSA values inclusion and diversity in decision making and problem solving by teaching students to process all perspectives in a respectful and productive manner.
- How involvement in SkillsUSA creates a global awareness that broadens the horizons of students to foster an open-minded approach to learning.
- How SkillsUSA ideals support an understanding of generational differences in the workplace to merge existing practices with new technology and ideas.
- How SkillsUSA championships emphasize an appreciation of individual skills to strengthen team efforts and successes.
- How members build a respect for lifelong learning through quality education, competition, professional opportunities, and volunteerism.
- How SkillsUSA championships and activities promote innovative thinking to achieve personal and professional growth.
- How the dynamics of SkillsUSA programs and championships challenge individuals to adapt and achieve flexibility in various workplace situations.
- How SkillsUSA activities teach students the value of self-responsibility and the use of courage and candor to support team efforts in a helpful and productive way.
- How SkillsUSA creates an awareness of environmentally conscious industry practices that empower students to employ safe and sustainable work habits and ideals.