- Within the last month, I’ve met or talked to representatives from National Fluid Power, Family-to-Family, the Special Olympics and coordinators from the National Hardware Show. They all see involvement with SkillsUSA as a way to enhance their organizations.
- We’re excited about a new concept for CSEP (Career Skills Education Program) to the colleges bundled in such a way that schools can load it on their servers for a single license. We hope that will boost CSEP’s reach.
- The Vision 2020 subcommittee met via Web conference on May 7. Cameron Ferguson, president, SkillsUSA board of directors, chaired the conference and board members Russ Hoffbauaer and Tony Glenn joined us. The committee did a lot of refining to the vision statements, and the plan is to share the revised Vision 2020 with the board via e-mail in the upcoming weeks and then take it to the corporation meeting in Kansas City for reaction from the corporate body. One thing is certain: The SkillsUSA of 2020 is looking bigger, more effective and more influential with every draft. I know the committee is looking forward to sharing its work.
- Speaking of Web conferences, we held a condensed board training session on May 14 for Russ Hoffbauer of State Farm and Nick Morrisroe of Benzomatic. We appreciate their service and taking the time during the week to go through the Webinar.
- Thanks to staff, we’re finally back in business with the voice mail system. As the song goes, “You don’t miss your water ‘til the well runs dry.” Even in this day of e-mail, it’s amazing how much we missed the voice mail system.
- Please note our new mailing address for SkillsUSA. We’re no longer a post office box or James Monroe Highway. We’re now 14001 SkillsUSA Way, Leesburg, VA 20176. We will, however, still receive mail sent to the old address for the next several months.
Tags: Board of Directors, CSEP, Highlights, Partner News, Vision 2020